Het Leven van Esteban
DIRECTED BY Ines éshun
TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2018 – Student Visionary Award!
Student Visionary Award – The Life of Esteban directed by Inès Eshun (Belgium).
The award was given by Sapphire and Susan Lacy on behalf of the jury.
Jury Comment: “With a rare lyric intensity this film opens a window to a young boy’s difficult navigation from early childhood to young adulthood in a single parent family. We watch the sublime intensity of Esteban’s journey through a world that has given him little, and yet paradoxically allows him to achieve much. The Student Visionary Award goes to The Life of Esteban”
– Tribeca Film Festival 2018: Winner Student Visionary Award
– Palm Springs International ShortFest 2018:Official Selection
– In The Palace International Short Film Festival 2018: Official Selection
– Zlin International Film Festival for Children & Youth 2018: Official Selection
– J.E.F Festival 2018: Winner Best Short (Hospital project)
– Leuven International Short Film Festival 2017: Official selection
Esteban, a future Olympic swimmer, has grown up with a single mother and doesn’t know who his father is. As he searches for his identity in this poetic short film, he determines swimming is a metaphor for life itself.
Steadicam: Jo Vermaercke
Cinediving: Wim Michiels
shot on Alexa Mini & Zeiss Super Speeds Mkiii